About StartUP Friday
Biggest startup community building event in Nigeria
We launched the first edition of StartUP Friday in February, 2016 with 73 startup co-founders in attendance. As at July 2016 when we had the fourth edition of the event, the number had grown to 974 co-founders with 74 investors, resulting in a total of 25 startups being given seed funding, mentorship, grinding sessions, accelerator programs and access to national and global platforms for scale.
StartUP Friday is the biggest ever startup community building event in Nigeria, that is helping startups to connect to investors, mentors, celebrity entrepreneurs, buyers, partners, consultants, developers and policy makers.
Join the Revolution
We are committed to creating a positive impact on our ecosystem.
Every startup, mentor, investor, industry specialist, business consultant, hub operator stands to gain from the connect – it's a value adding chain; and the opportunities to add value to the local and global economy are numerous with a vibrant community of backers. YOU!
We are creating a globally competitive Nigerian Startup Community built around innovation, creativity and creative schemes.
The fifth edition of the StartUP Friday goes to Lagos. It is going to be different and new. It is the FutureHACK!REGISTER
The event will take place as follows:
Venue: Landmark Event Center, Plot 2&3 water corporation road, Victoria Island Lagos
Click here for direction to the venue: https://goo.gl/maps/6XsSL4WhvqQ2
Date: Friday, September 23, 2016
Time: 3:30pm prompt
Lagos, Kaduna, Delta, Edo, Rivers, Cross River and Oyo States (to mention few) have reached out to us to bring StartUP Friday to them. Our resources are limited, but we have developed the brand, the network, our processes, tools, creativity.
Our mission is to scale StartUP Friday to other parts of the country in collaboration with all. Please donate to make it a reality in other states.
We are heading to Lagos in September to host the first ever StartUP Friday there!
We are seeking grants and donations to support the hosting of the StartUP Friday event in Lagos and other states. Funds received will be used for the following:
1. Provide seed funding (at zero equity requirement) to tech-driven startups with high growth potential who will be pitching at the StartUP Friday Program. Credit will be given to donors.
2. Fund travel logistics of startups coming from other states to pitch at the event
3. Fund the event logistics
1. Give credit to donors during the event through various media channels
2. Provide VIP passes to donors
3. Provide access to portfolio of high growth potential startups that donor investors might be interested to invest in
4. Distribute electronically the full report of how the fund is utilized to all donors